THE COMMITTEE OF LAWYER REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA.
The Judges of this District having determined to form a Committee of Lawyer and Trustee Representatives of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, and good cause appearing,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED as follows:
(1) There shall be a Committee known as the Committee of Lawyer and Trustee Representatives of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California ("the Committee").
(2) The purpose of the Committee is to provide a forum for bankruptcy professionals to discuss with the Judges of the Court the manner in which the business of the Court is being conducted and to solicit suggestions for its improvement.
(3) The Committee shall be composed of such attorneys, private panel trustees, chapter 13 trustees, and United States Trustee representatives as the court may, from time to time, select from those who may apply for membership and express an interest in improving the manner in which the business of the Court is conducted and the willingness to contribute actively to the work of the Committee. They shall serve staggered terms of three years, except the outgoing chair shall remain a member for the year after service as chair. Trustee members need not be attorneys.
(4) The Court will endeavor to select members who, together with those already on the Committee, will constitute a fair cross-section of practitioners before the Bankruptcy Courts of the District, both by type and location of practice, and will fairly represent all constituencies identified in Paragraph (3) above.
(5) Committee members shall be appointed by the Judges of the Court. When vacancies exist due to expiration of terms, the Committee shall solicit applications for membership on the Committee. The Judges may directly solicit applications and select members of the Committee. In the event of a vacancy created for any other reason other than expiration of a term, the Judges of the Court shall appoint a successor Committee member to serve out the balance of the term. The Judges may replace any Committee member who has not demonstrated active participation in the Committee.
(6) The Clerk of Court or the Clerk's designee shall serve on the Committee on an ex officio basis.
(7) A chair or chairs shall be selected annually by the Committee, with such selection to coincide with the appointment of new Committee members.
(8) The Committee shall solicit questions, comments, criticisms and suggestions from the members of the Bar of the Northern District of California on the manner in which the business of the Court is being conducted, with the purpose of compiling, organizing and presenting topics of interest to the Judges of the Court.
(9) The Committee shall meet with the Judges of the Court and the Clerk of the Court at least twice each calendar year to conduct business, and shall also meet annually at the Northern District Conference. The Committee shall provide to all Judges a proposed agenda for its meetings with the Court at least two weeks prior to such scheduled meetings.
(10) The Committee, or subcommittee of the Committee, shall meet as often as the Committee or such subcommittees shall determine to be appropriate.