How do I obtain a spoken language or sign language interpreter or other auxiliary aides and services?


Participants in court proceedings may request a spoken or sign language interpreter or other appropriate auxiliary aids and services by submitting a completed Application for Services to Persons with Communication Disabilities to the Access Coordinator stated on the Application at least two weeks prior to the date set for the proceeding.

Participants in court proceedings include parties, attorneys, and witnesses, but not spectators, although a court may provide interpreter services to a spectator when it is deemed appropriate.  For example, a court may provide an interpreter to the deaf spouse of a defendant so that the spouse may follow the course of the trial.

FAQ Category: 
Requesting an Interpreter