When filing documents with the Court, how many copies do I need to provide?


The Court requires only an original document be provided for filing.  If however you wish to have a Court-stamped conformed copy of an original document returned to you, a copy of the original document must also be provided.  If you are filing by mail you must include an appropriately sized self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage affixed to hold and return the conformed copy to you.   

Note: For some documents the judge assigned to the case may require that a copy be provided (sometimes also referred to as a “chamber’s copy,” “judge’s copy” or a “courtesy copy”).  Please refer to the Division Procedures for the posted copy requirements of the assigned judge.

FAQ Category: 
Filing without an Attorney