Chief Judge Roger L. Efremsky • Clerk of Court Edward Emmons
Bankruptcy Dispute Resolution Program
Order Appointing Resolution Advocate and Assignment to BDRP
These instructions explain how to electronically upload an Order Appointing Resolution Advocate and Assignment to the BDRP using the Court’s CM/ECF system. Attorneys and parties who do not have access to the CM/ECF system must submit to the Clerk two paper copies of the Order and a postage-paid envelope addressed to the submitting party.
A sample blank Order Appointing Resolution Advocate and Assignment to the BDRP is available from the Clerk and on the Court website at www.canb.uscourts.gov > Forms > District > BDRP - Order Appointing Resolution Advocate and Assignment to the BDRP.
• Click the Bankruptcy or Adversary hyperlink on the CM/ECF main menu.
• Select Order Upload.
• Select Upload Single Order.
• Enter the Case Number or, if applicable, the Adversary Proceeding number, click [Next].
• Enter the related document number and click [Next], OR simply click [Next] to select a document to relate to this order. If you entered a related document number, go on to the next step below. If you did not enter a related document number, then at the prompt stating: “Select the category to which your event relates” select “stip” from the scroll down menu, and click [Next]. The appropriate stipulation event, “Stipulation to Appoint Resolution Advocate” should appear. If it does not appear, exit and make sure the document “Stipulation to Appoint Resolution Advocate” has been docketed. If it does appear, then place a check mark in the box next to the appropriate stipulation event, and click [Next].
• Select the order type from the drop down menu (other or, if appropriate, expedited). Do not enter information for a hearing date since one has not been held or set.
• Associate the PDF file of the Order to Appoint Resolution Advocate.
• Retain the “Order ID” number for future reference.