Unclaimed Dividends

Instructions for Filing an Application for Unclaimed Dividends 

Important Note on Searching for Unclaimed Funds

Although every effort is made to display updated and accurate data, this database is not the official Court record. Unclaimed funds entered into this database before May 1, 2013, may have already been disbursed and no longer available. Before filing an Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds, an applicant should determine if the funds have been disbursed.

To determine if unclaimed funds appearing on this list have been disbursed:

  • From PACER review the bankruptcy case and, if applicable, adversary proceeding docket(s) for entries related to the unclaimed funds. Look for a Court order authorizing disbursement of the funds. An example of such docket entries is shown here:
  • If you did not find a Court order authorizing disbursement of the funds or are otherwise unsure if the funds have already been disbursed, contact the Bankruptcy Court Clerk's Office at UCF@canb.uscourts.gov. Provide the case name, case number, the creditor name associated with the unclaimed funds and the amount of the unclaimed funds.

Searching for Unclaimed Funds

To search for unclaimed dividends (also referred to as unclaimed funds) related to cases filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, use the U.S. Courts Unclaimed Funds Locator at https://ucfl.uscourts.gov/?court=canb.   
Select CANB - NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA from the court drop-down list and enter the applicable search criteria. Example: